Sunday, January 31, 2010

Eat, Sleep, & Play!

There is this magical function when posting that you can edit what day you post it. So even though it's Jan. 2010, I can post things, for example, in Halloween '09...

-ahem-

But our blog is more caught up now! And for those of you on the e-mail list, I'm very sorry you got ambushed recently. For those who want to be on the e-mail list, let me know and I'll arrange to fill your inbox every few months when we actually update with pictures... but they're so worth it.

Our darling baby is definitely following the eat, sleep, & play pattern of life. And it's so much fun.

Most of our attempts at food come with this reaction:


So one day, I come home, to find Brandon "eating" an apple. This is what I saw:



Apparently Kydin likes real food. In real form. And actually, it's been a nice discovery. Carrot & celery sticks make marvelous chew toys. They're cold and the perfect size! I do have to watch him to make sure he doesn't attack himself or attempt to swallow the whole thing, but so far it's been a lifesaver.

Since we discovered the vegetable theory, I decided we should try carrots. But I read somewhere that you need to let babies experience their food for the first time. Let them feel it and hold the spoon and play with it so it's a positive experience and helps "foster a healthy attitude toward mealtime."


It was definitely more fun for Kydin. But they forgot to mention both of us would need a shower afterward...

Kydin still sleeps like me; sprawled out in what appears to be the most uncomfortable or awkward looking positions.



Brandon tells me we're both that adorable in our sleep. He also laughs at both of us. But look at baby Kydin's shoes! We've discovered shoes. And they are so cute and so fun and are the absolute perfect mobile toy. He loves to suck on them, and the best part is he always knows where that is! It's marvelous.

And we're playing. We're trying to move, but mostly we only go backwards and sideways. The other day I found him like this--halfway under our couch! That was most definitely not where I left him.


And we play with all kinds of toys and textures. This smile says it all. That's my most precious and favorite part of each day--these darling smiles. It makes it all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment